Thursday, June 27, 2013

A few more Liebsters..

If I blog one more time about trying to maybe decide if I'm putting shoes back on OR NOT, or maybe... OR NOT AGAIN I might make myself cry.  So I'm taking a (brief) hiatus from that nonsense and answering a few more Liebster questions from a few more nominations.  

Huge thanks to Kate at The Adventures of Lucy, Sarah at Eventing in Color and KMEquestrian at Kiss Me, I'm Irish.  I'm thrilled you lovely ladies find my lunacy worth checking in on :)

Kate's Questions:

1) If you are female, do you wear makeup to the barn?

I wear makeup if it's already on.  Basically "getting ready for the barn" is a minimal energy activity.  If I'm not wearing makeup, I don't put it on for the barn, if I'm coming from work, I certainly don't bother taking it off.  

2) Do you have "barn clothes"?

Assuming my entire closet counts, then yes :) I do try to minimize the damage done to my "professional wear" but I can't say I'm very good at that as I just returned from a lunch break trip to check on the mare and I *might* have some bute on my trousers and some manure on/in my cute flats.

3) When updating your blog, do you usually have an agenda for your posts?

I don't think ever intentionally.  Sometimes agendas develop if I'm mulling over a decision (likes shoes for Prair. But not boots for me, those just get purchased..)

4) Favourite dessert?

If it's an option I'll take a cheese course over sweets any day of the week, but Tiramisu is my fav "normal" dessert. 

5) If you were locked in a room with Brad Pitt and Robert Downey Jr, which one would you talk to?

Well first I'd hope the lock down lasted long enough to hit up both of them.. But realistically RBJ.  I'm drawn to slightly crazy eccentric personalities :)  Brad (while charming) is probably too normal for me.

6) Did you grow up in a small town? Big city?

Smaller town 20 min from a big city.

7) If you had to move to another country, where would you go?

If I had to go tomorrow I'd pick the UK.  If I had time to learn a language it'd be Italy (I think).  

8) Do you speak any other languages?

I took Japanese for a (very) long time and was fluent but haven't had to use it in over 8 years.  I can still understand most conversation I overhear, but struggle to actually formulate sentences beyond basic vocab.

9) How do you feel about Christmas sweaters?

I think they provided a nice opportunity for ironic christmas sweater parties.  However, I'm ready for the next ironic thing I think

10) What is the best Halloween costume you ever had?

So many contenders.  I probably need to go with when my housemates and I all dressed up as lunch ladies.  I liked it because I was supposed to look kinda gross and I was SO COMFORTABLE all night.  (I also just spent like 10 minutes trying to find a photo and failed, which is too bad...)

11) What is the best power tool in your opinion?

I use my plain ol cordless drill the most, but I'm infinitely more entertained by band saws.

Sarah's Questions

 Sarah cheated and told us to pick questions.  :) I'm gonna assume that the 77 I'm answering is enough.  (cheater cheater pumpkin eater!!)

KM's Questions

1) What is the most embarrassing/funny thing that has ever happened to you?  

There are many to choose from.  I think perhaps the most appropriate for this blog is the first time I bought white breeches (I know, doomed) and wore them to a schooling show.  I spilled hot chocolate all over them before I even rode and then I SPLIT THE SEAM during my first course.  I was horrified.  It was traumatizing and the last time I bought uber cheap white breeches.

2) If you could have any horse in the world, which one would you choose?

cop out answer- but my hands are full with the three we've got :) and I can't imagine trading one away.  Well. Maybe Pia on a bad day... 

3) What is your favorite book?

"100 Years of Solitude" is my all time fav, though my current trashy indulgence is the entire "Outlander" series.  I mean who doesn't love a good time traveling Scottish love story!?

4) If you ever decided to become a working student for a professional rider, who would you most want to work for and why?

Lord have mercy for every working student.  I don't think I have the gumption for such a position, but I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall in Silva (or Boyd) Martin's barn.

5) If you were stranded alone on an island and could only take three things with you, what would they be?

Still assuming Husband isn't an option, Wine, Horse, Tent (I think earlier this week I said kindly instead of wine... silly me.

6)If you were a super hero, what would you choose as your super awesome B.A. name? 
I don't know but it'd probably have to do with my amazing spending powers....

7)What is your favorite sports team?

We have seasons tickets to the Sounders (Seattle's pro soccer team). I guess they are my favorite? I do love me some Seahawks though.

8)When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Lawyer.  romantic, huh?  But now I sell sewer pipe so I suppose that's even less charming...

9) What do/would you say to people who claim that riding isn't a sport?

I usually let it go because I figure I'm not likely to convince them that it's all that different from sitting on the couch.  If it's a good friend, they know better than to say something like that in front of me!

10) What is your favorite board game?

Trivial Pursuit and Cranium get a lot of play when we are out at the cabin, but The Boy and I tend towards Card Games, specifically Spite and Malice.  I usually win :)

11) Which celebrity would you want to star as you in a movie of your life? 

I dunno, people always tell me I look like Leelee Sobieski so I guess she could pull it off.
At least she can ride a horse?




5 comments:

  1. A) was that an offer for pumpkin? yes, please. ;]
    B) you sell sewer pipe? glad I'm not the only horsie blog gal in the construction/facility maint industry. =]
    C) Nice choice on Leelee Sobieski.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D) I googled 100 Years of Silence...love me some book recommendations!

      Delete
    2. lol, yes. Pumpkin in the mail!
      and oh yes, we sell many things like sewer pipe, fire hydrants, drain pipe, big valves, all fun :) Anyone who needs arena drainage/sprinklers, I'm your gal!! (or city sewer lines, I'm your gal for that too..)

      Delete
  2. I also Liebster Awarded you....no need to re-post though. just wanted to tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails