Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Radio Silence

Sorry for the off-air interruption.  I've been swarmed with our annual exec retreat, out of state depositions and.. oh yeah, an extra horse at home :)  I guess that explains my lack of online mutterings.

But never fear, the girls are well.  Both of them have been enjoying their new routine (I think) and P1 is settling in fabulously.

Here's a succinct synopsis of what we've been doing.

P1 is proudly and confidently enjoying her walks around the property.  She's officially calm enough to eat grass while exploring.

P2 got to go for a ride in a Happy Mouth mullen pelham.  She seemed to enjoy it.  (2 reins, not a joiner)

In the pelham - P2 had two days in a row with 2 perfect flying changes per lead.  in a row.  No mess ups.

P1 got to do some liberty work in the indoor.

I got to try P2 in the pelham and loved her canter work, but feel like the leverage might back her off too much.  I tried loosening my curb rein a ton but she was still a bit explosive. 

P1 got to eat snacks in the wash rack and work on her ground tying.

Both P's got a tail wash and plenty of apples courtesy of Supermom.

Oh yeah.  and S dug through the depths/archives of her parents' tack room and pulled out this gem:

I think P has her Halloween costume picked out for next year....

BAHAHAHAHA.  Poor Mare.  I think she misses Summer Camp



3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, the mullen pelham, our most favorite bit. It's not super pretty, but Cuna does love it. It works really well for us because it reminds him to come up in front instead of just dive into my hands.

    Since P2 is so vastly different from Cuna conformationally, I can see it maybe not quite being her thing. Good luck!

    Sounds like P1 has the life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everything is going well! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the P's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are going well. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails