Friday, August 13, 2010

Man oh Man

OK, total hiatus on the posting... sorry about that!

P has had a difficult week in terms of getting her little butt ridden, but she's about to get a big break since the BO is taking a rare week long vacation as of tomorrow. 

Today P had a massage appointment.  Turns out the BO from one of the barns I was considering is a top Equine "bodywork" practitioner and she makes regular calls to our barn.  Today was her first session with P and apparently it was a long one.  She observed that Pia's hips were out, 3 ribs were misaligned, her neck was out of wack and her girth cuts off blood flow to her butt (as though we need more disconnect there...

I'm bummed that I was with a vendor instead of out there to see first hand what went on, but it sounds like P was a good patient and hopefully a few more sessions should have her a bit more aligned and relaxed...

Since the BO is gone, and I'm not riding yet (sad, but ok, I'm in no rush..), P should have a nice relaxing week ahead of her.  I'll get out there to do groundwork, free lunge and do some short bit rig work to keep the lady moving, but she doesn't have to think too hard until the BO is back from her own relaxing week...

In terms of bodywork, we're going to have monthly appointments until she gets a little looser, and get a foam girth channel to help alleviate the pressure on her veins for the time being.  I haven't used a girth channel in years (one of my eventers was "thin skinned" so he liked one to prevent galls, but I suppose the idea of it cushioning the veins makes sense too...

Happy Friday! Summer has returned in Seattle, so I am off to enjoy the sunshine and let the mare out to pasture.  enjoy your weekends!

1 comment:

  1. Bodywork can make a real difference to the horse's comfort and way of going - good for you for getting this done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails