Monday, October 10, 2011

Extreme Makeover- Garage(??) edition

Okay, so this is totally overdue (what isn't), but when the sun peeked out this weekend, I was compelled to finally attempt to go through the remaining boxes in my garage that have been sitting totally ignored since our move (which, apparently was like three months ago.. who knew).

The "tack corner" has been done for a while now, but it hasn't been totally organized and it's also had its access blocked by a MASSIVE box of crap that belongs to The Boy.  I'm sure he thinks the boxes (and boxes and boxes) of horse stuff is crap, but his massive box was serious crap.  We're talking unopened mail and old sweatshirts.  He also has an old gross chair (although extremely valuable in the sentimental sense) blocking my pretty, pretty tack corner.

Never fear, the crap has been sorted, trashed, stacked and some of it re-boxed.. Which means that my garage is FINALLY organized, labeled and I have the free and clear access to my tack section that I've always wanted.

It's not nearly as fancy as the old BO's gorgeous tack room, but I'll take it.

Here's the final product:
Yay! Tack corner! Two blanket racks for pads, four bridle hooks, my sacred saddle rack and big shelves to the right for bins, blankets and all the extras.


You can see that I have a couple sets of those big shelves (oh the joy of a family business with warehouses..), so my tack area just tucks right in.... It's brilliant.

It's also being put to good use since the mare is still at Summer Camp and I get to keep most of her things at home (and hidden in the trailer...it's like the horsey version of shoving things under your bed).

Ta-Da!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm jealous of your great storage area ... I need to get me some shelves and stands and racks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!

    An inspiring post. I'm finally moving this week, up to my farm (with Val!) and can dream that my newly minimized stuff will end up as organized as you tack corner. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with SprinklerBandit! LOVE the pink padded bridle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!! You did a great job with it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails