Sunday, February 24, 2013

In the Money!

In case your calendars weren't appropriately marked- Friday was "national margarita day" and I celebrated appropriately with S after getting Prairie comfortably tucked into to her stall at the show.

Over our traditional night-before-a-show Mexican meal, we thoroughly discussed all globally important horse topics and then got onto the issue of whether we were holding Prairie at Baby Green's (2'3"/2'6") or pushing for the Pre-Green division at 3'.

As I've said before, the height has never been the issue - just the increased standards and expectation of rhythm and lead changes. (details)

But given our national-margarita-day courage, we opted to push for the Pre-Greens and just add a few warm up classes before the division to work the kinks out.

S gave Prairie the best round I've ever seen in her first class - took a blue ribbon - and never looked back.



Prairie won every class she went in and managed to take the championship (and PRIZE MONEY) from some really well respected pros and their much more experienced Pre-Green hunters.

BAM.

Cannot quite express how impressed I was with the big mares patience and performance yesterday. She's come SO far from last November and to know that we've done it without any shortcuts or drugs or harsh anything is awesome. Lots of room for improvement but I can't get over how steady and calm the big girl was.

The Boy was on hand with a camera (and snacks, and coffee) so I actually have some decent footage to share.

So pleased. So, so pleased....




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

18 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwww... how completely THRILLED you must be! What a good girl, P! And kudos to S for giving her such lovely rides!

    And of course you have to tell us what you blew your prize money on... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is so freaking awesome!!!!!! When I saw the picture and realized those were your ribbons my jaw hit the floor! This is one of the most exciting blogs posts I've read in days. :D You must be so happy!!! Congrats! I can't wait to see the pictures and videos. Go Prairie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased?? That's got to be understatement of the year ;-) ! Great job to all of you. Can't wait to see some of the pics/video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, talk about a good haul. That's fantastic! Incidentally, I'm definitely in the wrong discipline; forget eventing, hunters here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! That is fantastic. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Go big mare! That's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's so awesome!! Can't wait to see pics/video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jealy of your giant ribbon!! How cool. :) Can't wait for pics and vids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Can't wait for video to see the big black mare rocking her class!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! Good job Prairie. Next time it'll be you doing the navigation to the championship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome!! I want to come watch you again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice!! Go Prairie!! Photos please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic!!! Loving all the blues! I bet it was the Mexican...ok, we really just go for the Margaritas...show planning that put P over the top :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails