Friday, March 7, 2014

(Eeeeeeee!!!) Three-peat!

So for all the frustration and worry I had yesterday about Prair looking less than thrilled with her job - today she came out like a rock star.

A little up and... Looky coming down from the barn - but totally steady and happy and relaxed in the show ring.

We had two early schooling rounds at 2' (oooohhh ahhhhh) which maybe was some of our best work. Prair's caber had a bit more jump and she was steady, steady, steady. We didn't pin great, but we pinned and I got my "first-round-itis" out of the way.

Our Hunter division was running way behind so the horses ended up hanging out for almost an hour before we got in the ring, but OH LORDY was the mare good.

Our changes were super crisp, our distances were even and rolling and the courses just ticked along at a great rhythm.

Our fourth round had a late change behind, but otherwise - literally NO big mistakes (by our standards).

We ended up winning our first three rounds - and still snagged a 5th for that final round.

After another hour of waiting (poor mare) we had the hack and squeaked out one final blue.

Four blues and a pink and we claimed another cooler!




Hands down these were my best rounds with the mare down here. She was just so consistent and steady and responsive - I couldn't ask for more.

I *could* ask for videos... Sadly none of those exist - but a friend with another barn got some great photos of us so hopefully we'll have those to share soon!!

Oh - and Ogilvy just handed me a new pad - no questions. I also grabbed the shims for it... Just in case I'm not as lucky with a quick solution from CWD...

One more day of showing and then this thing is in the bag!!









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

15 comments:

  1. Do I hear the circuit award bells ringing for your :) >????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys have had an awesome time. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd be interested in a link exchange.
    My blog covers a lot of interesting and helpful posts just like yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. And also, I think you'll love my recent blog post titled 10 Life Lessons Most People Wished They Had Known At Age 20

    I'm hoping to hear from you too and quickly, you've got a great blog here.

    Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!
    Can't wait for photos, I am so glad it is all going so well. You guys rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrads! Now Prair has a cooler, a spare... maybe you can have the third one made into a couch throw for you? Teehee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 3 weeks of success at Thermal. Good luck on your last day, insert sad face here. Your mare is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More coolers! Her loot needs it's own trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It sounds like this has been a successful trip! It's nice to see hard work pay off

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three coolers!!! Get it girl!!!

    What an awesome trip this has been for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so pleased that your trip is going this well!! I feel like Prairie is really growing up and gaining confidence with every class you put her in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are freaking fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go! Congrats! I'm so glad the show went so amazingly awesome and that you had so much fun. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails