Monday, November 8, 2010

October Wrap-Up & November Goals!

(Note: When I wrote the subject I accidentally wrote "October Wrap-Up & December Goals".  Then I thought to myself "wow, this year is FLYING" which is when I realized that I totally ignored November and that while things are flying by... they aren't flying quite as insanely fast as that...)

So, here's a quick look back at the month of October, which is not particularly inspiring... ugh.

  1. Clean, smooth, regular transitions for WTC. HA.  This. Did. Not. Happen.  While we had some excellent rides with some excellent transitions, we also had some tragic ones that resulted in a semi-permanent kink in my back.  When we nail our transitions, we nail them, but by no means are they 98% consistent.
  2. Ride Bareback. Absolutely not.  Once Marewolf hit full force, I lost my confidence in my trust with the mare and have stayed securely in the saddle since.  But I still like this idea.
  3. Continue with Body Work. Check! we did this! (yay).  P got poked and prodded, though I'm considering having a fully certified chiro out or possibly having a Rolf practitioner come out..
  4. Trailer Off Property. Nope.  I knew I was too busy for this, but I didn't even ride off property down the road. P's Marewolf episode had me fearing for the lack of some arena walls to contain the fits.  Though I think that it's possible that we are getting closer to me being comfortable in an unconstrained setting again.
  5. Pencil Out a Horsey Budget for 2011.  Uhhhh, nope.  I got a binder, and I even gathered up all my receipts, but I have yet to organize them beyond that or set a firm budget for 2011.  I think I should still do this though.
For November, I'm dialing back the expectations.  Though the BO said that miss P behaved herself (mostly) this weekend, so maybe we're on an upswing again. :)

November Goals:
  1. Clean, smooth, regular transitions for WTC. HA.  This. Did. Not. Happen.  While we had some excellent rides with some excellent transitions, we also had some tragic ones that resulted in a semi-permanent kink in my back.  When we nail our transitions, we nail them, but by no means are they 98% consistent.
  2.  Pencil Out a Horsey Budget for 2011.  Uhhhh, nope.  I got a binder, and I even gathered up all my receipts, but I have yet to organize them beyond that or set a firm budget for 2011.  I think I should still do this though.
  3. Get 4 good rides in a row. I don't want to set expectations SUPER high, but building our consistency back up is someting to start with.  by "good ride" I mean, no massive bucking, screaming or general freaking out.  Shoot for the stars, right?
  4. Get my SADDLE.  I don't really have any control over this, but I'm REALLLLLLY hoping we have a saddle in our hands before the month end.  I'm writing it down just in case somehow putting this thought in the ether will impact the outcome.
  5. Consult with a farrier. My trimmer suggested that I ask a farrier about her funny hind foot and get their opinion as to whether or not shoes might help the uneven wear pattern.  It's possible she's jut "crushing" her foot, which means a shoe wouldn't necessarily solve it, but maybe not.  I really, really, want to keep her barefoot, but if I must, I must.  Just need more info... 
That's all I can think of... maybe I'll add more later!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails