Tuesday, May 24, 2011

P's New Home (weekend review #2)

Sorry for the lack of pictures yesterday.  I put The Boy in charge of documenting our big move, which means that we have a random smattering of images to share.

It also means that there was a slight fight with the iPhone on actually relaying the pictures over to me...

Anyway, without further ado, here's Miss P.  It's definitely a repeat info from yesterday, but with the added joy of more pictures of P's gorgeous nose.

Where will the magic traveling box take the mare this time?



As always, P loaded like a lady (I really do think she's attached to her food), but she got a bit shuffley when the OTTB who lived next to her starting screaming his head off.  He was still surrounded by the five other horses who live next to him, so I wasn't really too clear on what all the fuss was about.  Regardless it was agitating P, so we said our goodbyes quickly and just hit the road.


One ear on food, one ear on loud, whiny gelding.
Like I said, the haul was easy.  I got to eat the junk food that I allow myself on long car rides, AND I had my first cherries of the season.  Cherries are perhaps the one food I can actually eat myself sick on.  It's a compulsion.

The big, old barn.  I love the look of older barns...
 It's hard to see in the picture above, but I'm standing with Dr. Finn and Cowboy and a cute Hanoverian mare.  I'll talk about the mare more later, but she's a really interesting little case.  She showed up to the farm totally shut down - sullen and asocial.  She still doesn't quite interact normally with the herd, but she looks pretty darn good now.
P's "don't-jump-out" corral
Pia was pretty obsessed with the herd in the distance- and also with the llama who she was fairly certain was hunting her.
"not now, there's a LLAMA"

"oh, food..."

Like I said, the mare settled in nicely, and I've been getting text updates regularly letting me know that she's playing nice greeting everyone appropriately as she gets the chance to.

The "please-don't-go" nose   ::heartbreak::

5 comments:

  1. Aww, miss Pia! That last picture is so sweet. I'm curious to see how this whole thing goes. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teehee! I love the nose pic... so cute!

    Could you please send some cherries down to Texas? I too could happily make myself sick eating them... sooooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She does have a cute nose. Looks like a river delta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww that last picture makes me want to bawl like a baby. It must have been so tough to leave her. I think this is going to be a really amazing experience for her though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails